Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dishnetwork to stop paying 4 custom work

It has always been my practice that my business plan is 50/50. The house makes 50% and the tech makes 50%. The problem with this is that the house actually only collects about 75% from DISH where as the tech still gets his/hers 100% of 50%. Which translates too the house netting 25%. Basic economics will tell you that this is terrible.

To make matters worse is that you have other companies out there "playing" with the numbers so on face value it appears that the tech is making MORE working for them.

The average tech does not sit down and do the math to see that it is too there advantage to not focus on that first box but to look at the entire comp package as a whole.

What we see is companies saying that they are going to absorb the expense of wall drops and attic crawls and just pay them out of there pockets. I will CAUTION you and say that company will not last. They will not do this work or pay out because they like too. If they are not making money they WILL close down or dissappear. Hence the company that ends up oweing techs all this money that no longer exist.

Or what they will do is say that we will pay you for this work and policy and prcedure you too death, thus when pay day comes around you find out that you are not receiving payment for this work because you did not meet p&p. In short the COMPANY wins because they are already paying 10-20 below market value. But you accepted the postion think that you will be ahead with custom work.The tech jumped on board because he/she could not see past "We pay for custom work".

In my opinion we should be paid for ANY services that we perform.

just my two cents!
This is CABL.com posting #132458. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mICA
Posted in reply to: Re: Dishnetwork to stop paying 4 custom work by cable.ready
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Dishnetwork to stop paying 4 custom work cable.ready 7/7/2004 2:09:00 PM