Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dishnetwork to stop paying 4 custom work

well... you make a point there.... many techs charged wall fishes that never happened, etc.

there are a few problems inherit with the dish install process...

one is... should there be a "standard install" that should be included.... and what should that include...

and secondly... who should pay for any work done over the standard install??

should the customer, provider or installer pay for wall fishes?? this is an easy one for me... the only one who benefits from it.. is the customer... the customer should pay...

personally... I think there ought to be better disclosure about what a standard install is... then put the expense of custom work on the customer where it should be...

some techs abuse the customers too... charging for tripods that aren't needed, etc... but... at least a tech can't charge a customer for a wall fish that they never did...

the problem, as I see it, is that the satellite company likes to say "FREE INSTALL" and is afraid to say "FREE STANDARD INSTALL" as they might lose customers. As long as customers expect a completely free install, then we will continue to have these problems. Any reasonable customer who is told up front what to expect for their free install will understand that upgrades to that install are billable. And whoever makes the sale should advise the customer what should be expected, and what might come up.
This is CABL.com posting #132400. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mIBE
Posted in reply to: Re: Dishnetwork to stop paying 4 custom work by dlieder
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Dishnetwork to stop paying 4 custom work TCOVINGTON 7/6/2004 10:20:00 AM