Create your free account now! Sign up

PrimeTV Rebates

PrimeTV Rebates
By Jennifer Julian
A Johnston County woman and thousands of other people in our state jumped at the offer to get a big rebate if she signed up for satellite TV service. She got the dish, but not the cash. That's why she called Troubleshooter Jennifer Julian to fine-tune the situation.

Angela Devone's satellite reception is crystal clear. Her dealings with a local satellite company causing static. "I thought for the money, satellite would be better than what cable offered here."

Angela subscribed for the service through Direct TV. A company in Southern Pines Prime TV was subcontracted to install the dish. "I only had to pay for the dish one of the things that got me was I got a $140 rebate."

In April, Angela sent in her cancelled check and a voucher to Prime TV for the rebate. "I was approved May 21st. Why does it take 6-8 weeks after you've been approved? "But month after month - no check. It took so long the TV lineup changed. Angela kept a running log of all her calls to Prime TV. As a loyal Eyewitness News viewer, Angela thought we might be her last hope. "I was fed up, so I thought I would call you."

I called Prime TV in Southern Pines. I left repeated messages for customer service director Jeff Bass. He didn't return my calls. As we left Angela's house UPS made a special overnight delivery. It was her $140 rebate from Prime TV. "If I hadn't called you and you hadn't called them, I wouldn't have gotten this."

Angela was not alone - more than 2,600 customers complained to the state that they couldn't get their rebates. The North Carolina Attorney General's Office can. They urge you to file a complaint through their office. They have a 100% success rate with Prime TV.

Be patient, that $140 should be coming to your home soon.

Troubleshooter tips on getting the Prime TV rebate: Contact the North Carolina Attorney General's Office. Their number in Raleigh is (919) 716-6000. Make sure you have receipts and your contract to prove you're due the money. Angela kept all of her documentation.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/news/Troubleshooter/102103_TS_primetvrefund.html
This is CABL.com posting #127512. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mHkO
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: PrimeTV Rebates MR OBVIOUS 1959 3/3/2004 2:16:00 PM
Re: PrimeTV Rebates DFW Tecs 3/3/2004 12:45:00 PM