Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Females in the Cable Industry....

Funny you mention the hell you had in the south.  When I started cable, I was in Alabama...where I am from.  When I moved to the midwest, the attitude was different - still wary, but different. 

I can relate to the 6' thing, too.  I stand 6', 210 pounds, with long, long brown hair, and it drives my boss crazy that I often opt NOT to put it in a ponytail.  Why?  So the whole thing can wrapped a strand and hang me?? Atleast if a few strands get tangled, I can yank those loose, right?

My new current boss would ask me why I didn't do things like this, and then demonstrate his brute male way....Because I am not a man, and can not use muscles i don't have.

Honestly, I am on the cable bar almost everyday, and usually just read...but I get frustrated because I never see anything from a female point of view.  And we, the females, often try to work smarter not harder, just because we are different physically from men.  I will get my jobs done, just leave me alone and let me do it my way.  Every job, except one, in 8 years of cable has passed TQA - the one?  I wrote a tag number down incorrectly, one number off, and a ground tag got shoved underneath vinyl siding after I had left the job.

It's great to finally actually hear from a female, and not just hear about them...   :)
This is CABL.com posting #328349. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxz7
Posted in reply to: Re: Females in the Cable Industry.... by stacy2525
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Females in the Cable Industry.... Terry Mena 6/2/2011 1:50:36 AM
Re: Females in the Cable Industry.... cabledad 5/29/2011 11:09:41 AM