Create your free account now! Sign up

Mastec Florida

Hey all you guys who Sub for Mastec, of course through a sub partner.

Would anyone want them gone, well I mean put them in check.  They are a publicly traded company and shareholder value and stock price mean everything.  Now I thought cable guys had it bad, but after a short time I caught on to the scam and stopped working. 

If you read my other posts I have been wagging an all out war on a company who stopped me from a career I loved.  I spare not expense or road I will not travel down.

My efforts are going to cause a State wide investigation from the IRS, State licensing board and DOL.  We know in south florida Comcast is now requiring its subpartners to be employee based in the cable industry, this is slow because it takes complaints, which lead to investigations from the State License Board. 

If you had more rights then the all the hard work you put in will pay off. 

Not knowing your getting 37.00 charge backs for service calls within 90days, getting 2-3 dollar charge backs for below 35% as a company.  Even if your numbers are good your still getting charges for those 50-100 IRDs off your paycheck a month later. FSR's from a customer calling Direct Tv? All of these metrics are built into the Mastec Direct Tv contract and bonus's are tied to them.  A metric is something that you can control, such as customer satisfaction and quality of work.  You can install phone service at a customers home, you cant stop a customer who you never been too from calling to say Hey is your installer going to be here today at 8:00am in the morning and you cant control if a IRD blows out or LNB goes bad.  All these are passed to the guy trying to make a living.

Example:

Mover Install Ka/Ku 3 rooms  HD/DVR, Std, Std
Job pays the tech

70/13

70+13+13= 96 bucs

Customer called direct tv early in the day, after install customer calls because there customer owned IRD not working no -power and while the service tech is there.

6 bucs FSR
37.00 SC chargeback

So you get paid for the job, within a month you get the charge back for = 43 bucs.. Half the job? WTF Oh if your company's numbers are below 35% on phones its another 15 more dollars

15+43=58 dollars on that job charged back, plus the other 50-100 boxes you installed at 3 per box. WTF. 

This is happening all the time but its spread out.  A few hundred every check for most installers. This just happened and the IRD charge backs are comming just in time for X-mas and OH its the END OF THE YEAR, so Mastic has to pad its books by backcharging all the work it can to all its sub-partners. All the subpartners are mom and pop shops who depend on Mastic and will not take a loss, they take it from you the bottom guy.

They wont do anything, Mastic has already brought in more subpartners for the fallout. 

Who wants something done about this.

Happy Thanks giving everyone!!!!

This is CABL.com posting #317394. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuJq
There are 8 replies to this message
Re: Mastec Florida BobbyDigital 2/8/2011 7:01:58 PM
Re: Mastec Florida s.installs 2/7/2011 10:45:14 AM
Re: Mastec Florida TruCablr 1/31/2011 8:55:09 PM
Re: Mastec Florida dave28277 1/19/2011 9:23:29 AM
Re: Mastec Florida Cowboy3939 1/15/2011 12:06:47 PM
Re: Mastec Florida imageaudioandsec 1/11/2011 6:06:36 PM
Re: Mastec Florida SatFiend 12/13/2010 4:47:52 PM
Re: Mastec Florida richardtodd 11/25/2010 8:23:23 PM