Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Can someone help me?

That cost is not surprising at all.  As other posters have mentioned, RG11 won't cut it.  You will need a new hard line run.  It sounds like the 1300' you mentioned is aerial plant.  Costs can go alot of directions from there.  Does your MSO have active plant (i.e. fiber) or at least strand?  If not, that requres them to get pole permits from the owners (power or phone depending on the area).  That can be a time consuming process.  Another poster mentioned other possible customers.  That is DEFINATELY something worth mentioning.  If the MSO sees the possiblities of capturing more customers by building out to your house, the cost can go down.  There is also a difference between what they are likely to spend to consruct this as determined by commercial business vs. residential.  If you can get a good contact in the MSO sales dept, and can give them an accurate count of passings both residential and commercial between the last point of active plant and your house, they may be able to justify the cost with potential sales, and get you your build.  You need to go well beyond the 800 number sales folks that the common man speaks with, though.  If there aren't any passings to capture, you will have to accept that you need to dig into your wallet, or use a different provider.  At $2k, it would take them at least 3 years to get any return on there investment of running line to your house, in a best case scenario, so the cost to you is understandable from their point of view. 
This is CABL.com posting #316039. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbunz
Posted in reply to: Can someone help me? by Evil_Cable_Guy
There are 0 replies to this message