Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: MC2 vs Fused Discs

Fused Disc cable is very easy to spot from the ground, look for ripples in the cable that are 1" apart at your expansion loops, 45's & 90 poles, that shit would kink coming off of the reel if you didn't have your chute setup right, and you are right it don't come jacketed, I never used a coring tool on fused disc I would use a razor knife and score the cable and snap it like glass, then take a 3 piece LRC Straight splice connector that I took a phillips screw driver and knocked out the center conductor jaws and threw away the 1st compression nut, then shrink booted the SS
that way if didn't flare out the sheath, because every 750 coring tool I ever used on FD caused it to swell and you to have to beat the connector on with your 9's
I have busted many of knuckle's on that stuff, and that stuff had more leaks then the titanic, I did a retro job and every trunk location was broken at the connector
all I can say is God Bless  QR Cable coring tools were expensive but you could tie that shit in a knot without it kinking.

This is CABL.com posting #303945. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrev
Posted in reply to: Re: MC2 vs Fused Discs by Splicer Life 4me
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: MC2 vs Fused Discs cable407 5/25/2010 4:35:21 PM