Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cargebacks, Workmans Comp, and General Liabili

Depends. In many cases I agree and after all, it is, or should be, factored into the cost of doing business when one signs a contract for work. It all gets deducted from ones taxes as a business loss anyway, so it isn't as if you have no benefit from a damage claim that you are billed for. However, I am a firm advocate for a contractor or subcontractor being given the opportunity to be given reasonable notice of a damage claim/chargeback, so that you, as a business person, can deal with it as best as one sees fit to deal with it. This includes, but is not limited to repairing damage yourself, contracting a repair crew to fix damage(s), pay an amount to damage claiment so they can have the damage repaired if they so choose.

Also, should ANY contractor bill another or a sub for a damage claim, MUST provide proof of said damage being rectified, in writing, so there is a record of the damage and the repair and who did the repair and where. And most importantly, the cost of said repair. Itemized is ideal. No proof constitutes grounds for fraud. Now this is all assuming the contractor or subcontractor even files for taxes for his/her business. Now if they don't file, then all bets are off and you get what you deserve. But I'll say this, anyone who allows a percentage be taken for payment for any/all insurances is screwing themselves as they are limiting themselves and work. With your own insurance you can work doing what ever, when ever. When limited to one company, you can't go out on the weekend for some extra money for anybody else and be insured because you won't be covered.

Fuck I am so sorry to see that this industry is so screwed because the people working it (most, NOT all) don't have a clue.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #303574. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbq8w
Posted in reply to: Re: Cargebacks, Workmans Comp, and General Liabili by PantherFan
There is 1 reply to this message