Verizon FiOS Technician
Employment Ads → Installation Jobs → Cable
Preferred Hiring Terms
Pay Rate & Details
Piece Rate (negotiable)
• Valid driver's license; satisfactory driving record.
• Current Vehicle registration and proof of vehicle insurance.
• Ability to interpret and correctly fill out various work order forms.
• Ability to read, write, and communicate well in English
• Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
• Ability to effectively use telephone for communication
• Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment, up to 70 lbs
• Ability to climb ladders
• Ability to drive for long periods of time
• Requires dexterity skills: digging, crawling, stooping and standing
• Works indoors and out throughout the year
The installation and service technician performs a variety of duties pertaining to the installation of cable television, modem and telephone services in customer homes, apartments and commercial properties.
• Experience in TELEPHONE SERVICE
• Experience in CATV installations
• Knowledge of COAX cable sizes and types
• Experience with test sets such as Signal Strength Meter / Colt 250+ and TDR
• Experience with routers and home networking
• Technical understanding of loss, attenuation, and tiling.
• Working within attics and placing WIRING between walls
• Computer skills
Preferred (but not required) :
• Vehicle (ie. Pick-up truck; Cargo Van; SUV etc.) w/ladder rack
• Telecom hand tools (wire crimper; toner; wire stripper, etc.)
• Personal hand tools (power drill, hammer, screw drivers, etc)
• Signal Meter
• Ladders 28’ & 6’