Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Anchor cranker

I not saying you are wrong, but that really makes no common sense what so ever.

Im sure the bt 360 powerhead  not much different than other 2 stroke powerheads with regards to emissions.

I bet there are thousands, and probably millions of 2 cycle chainsaws sold for every for every arm breaking direct drive stihl 2 man boring tool sold.

Also when you consider how much a person that owns a bt360 would use it daily compared to someone that uses a chainsaw or a weedeater that would seem to be a non issue, unless all 2 cycles were banned.  The latter part of banning all 2 strokes, I could certainly see happening, in the near future.  It already is leaning that way with most outboard engines being 4 strokes now

I was told by 2 US dealers they were prohibited from selling me any replacement parts, due to osha ban due to safety concerns. But they are probably wrong too. 
I also heard 20 years ago they would confiscate any they caught being smuggled in the  US. But back then the borders were open, so I wonder if anyone would actually get caught. I doubt they were a high priority like alcohol, cigarettes,or drugs. With the bt 360's potential enviormental impact being as bad as it is , they should have really cracked down (sarcasm).
All jokes aside , I could see a DA. reason like what you were told for banning them.  People (all of us) can be dumb, and alot have no common sense anymore. Its all good either way
Good luck
This is CABL.com posting #379793. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKXR
Posted in reply to: Re: Anchor cranker by skidmark167
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Anchor cranker skidmark167 6/2/2019 1:40:29 PM
Re: Anchor cranker WBRY 5/30/2019 6:16:01 PM