Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Insurance

There is no easy answer to your question.

First you need to find a GOOD business agent.  NOT your everyday run of the mill home owner/car agent.  Tell the agent what you do.  If the agent knows you Workers Comp code, you have the agent you want.  If the agent has to search and ask if this code sounds right, get up and walk out.  Keep looking until you find a good agent.

Next every state has different requirements.  So make sure your agent is licensened in the states you are working.  

Then discuss rates.

Everytime you think you have insurance figured out, a new requirement of some sort is added or changed and not in your favor.  Seems as if every year a new add on is required by somebody that will cost you an extra $300 to $1000.  

IMHO Insureance is a scam.  You can't work without it and if you have a claim, they raise your rates or drop you.  I have paid in way more in the past 30 years than I will ever get back.

My $2.  Inflation you know.

Good luck my friend!

PS  Make sure you have a good business attorney that will incorporate or LLC your company and represent you when you get sued (everybody does that is in business), a CPA to guide you thourgh the tax requirements, a banker or have enough cash on hand for at least 3 month of expenses.
This is CABL.com posting #379513. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKTl
Posted in reply to: Insurance by kingtwotone55
There are 0 replies to this message