Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: $40.00 fiber splicing Contractor LMAO

I passed over this thread a couple times.  I kinda thought it was a bunch of people blowing things out of proportion, as often happens on forums.  I saw it again today and decided to find the ad.
Holy WOW!
$40 per hour!  WHOO HOO!!!  I hope that is $40 for every hour.  Asleep, awake, drunk, hungover.  All 168 hours per week - PAID!  If you figure overtime pay after 40 hours, then we are talking!  1st 40 hours = $1600.  Next 128 hours = $7680.  Total for the week = $9280.  Not a bad week for an individual that owns and operates a small business.....WAIT! 
You mean they dont pay every waking moment?!  God, I hope no one wastes any more time with these people than we all have on here.  I will splice a single loose tube fiber for $40.  But there better be a lot more lined up right behind it to make it worth my while! 

I also hope the people that posted that ad have noticed the outrage voiced in this thread.  It is justified.  The pay of our counterparts directly effects the pay of our future.  Don't work for peanuts out there guys.  If you are not worth far more pay, maybe you need to find another profession.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Quit being part of the problem!
This is CABL.com posting #379406. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKRC
Posted in reply to: Re: $40.00 fiber splicing Contractor LMAO by patriotspl
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: $40.00 fiber splicing Contractor LMAO Shane FOUNTAIN 4/19/2019 3:21:41 PM