Create your free account now! Sign up

$40.00 fiber splicing Contractor LMAO

I am often too outspoken, and I don't hide my name. But I am fair, honest, and don't take shortcuts or sham. And most that know me know I am a pretty good guy.
Unless there is some kind of great perdiem ,$40/hr for a tooled out contractor (especially a fiber splicer) is ridiculous. We made more that 25 years ago coax splicing,with alot less investment.
BLESS YOUR HEART to the person that is trying to get people to work for that !!! As well as anyone that will accept it.  If you keep giving yourself away it will keep getting cheaper. And if have all your own tools, ins., and needed experience .and you keep sub, to a sub, to a  sub, subbing you probably always will. And you are part of the reason, our trade is this cheap today.
I have worked through another sub before , and will again I am sure. They are ususlly buddies of mine.  But there is no reason for a bunch of people to take a cut off your money!!! There are too many crooks out there ,especially in this business to get too far from your money,. 
Start paying a decent wage and get good help. There are times "super subs "are needed, but try and  keep labor brokers to a minimum. Let everyone, ESPECIALLY those tradesmen and women doing the work make a living.  Also all items should pay a fair price. Ring cuts, preps, placing muxes, node tails, and storages , should pay a fair price, not free or  a low ball price.
Good luck and be safe
This is CABL.com posting #379193. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKOb
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: $40.00 fiber splicing Contractor LMAO madtrex 4/16/2019 11:20:05 PM
Re: $40.00 fiber splicing Contractor LMAO patriotspl 4/12/2019 3:19:19 PM
Re: $40.00 fiber splicing Contractor LMAO webber560 3/28/2019 5:49:23 PM
Re: $40,00 fiber splicing Contractor LMAO StartFiber 3/26/2019 7:00:59 PM
Re: $40,00 fiber splicing Contractor LMAO patriotspl 3/26/2019 5:18:32 PM