Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Open Letter to Prime Contractors

I am with you on hours vs. units. In the old days we always were paid hours were union and got bennys plus vacation untill they broke us from being union then just hours plus $250 a week per deim taken from our hourly with no 1099. When they changed to only units i figured to atleast give it a try. Never made so much money while maintaining quailty and insted of having to punch the clock go home when you wanted. Now with the new tax law unless your a full contracter [1099's only] you can't deduct ''unrembrsted emploiee exspences'' on your taxes. I was forced to retire last March by the prime after 7 years of service as one of  only 3 copper splicers who would work for them because we lived close and didn't have to pay for familys living somewhere else too. The pay was really good because of less expenes's but still could deduct miles , motels when needed , insur. , truck , tools , etc.  they hired young kids , paid low hourly wage and gave them new buckets , who only thing they knew about telephone was how to dial one , lol. I turned down what should have been a great paying hourly job because i had to be an employee, so no deductions now for truck & tools & etc. exspences. Taxes plus soc. securty on full amount of gross pay / no way !!!
This is CABL.com posting #379188. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKN6
Posted in reply to: Re: Open Letter to Prime Contractors by chicago splicing
There are 0 replies to this message