Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: ACI DSIM AGC Module

Sounds like we probably work for the same mso... The thing with the new technology is that it might show you where you have a problem. The thing people forget is that once your fancy program tell you where you have an issue, you go to that node and sweep past it. Then you know the problem is fixed. But no one wants to put in the effort of hitting 2,3 or 6 actives. You should see the looks I get when I tell people that extension pins cause roll off above 750mhz. 
Back to the dsim modules, if you read their setup specs, at least for Cisco gainmaker amps, they don’t have you setting the manual back off based on outside temperature. For the factory agc circuits, that step is crucial to getting the full range out of the agc. Then, if you happen to be in an area where you have a mix of gear with different pilots, say a mix of magnavox and ccor or something, you have to have a different dongle for each pilot. We tried them back to back with the standard setups in a few areas and said no thanks. If someone is pushing really hard saying they need these things, I would very strongly suggest that they need to confirm they are setting up their existing gear to manufacturer and design specs before wasting a bunch of man hours putting these in. 
This is CABL.com posting #378697. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKGb
Posted in reply to: Re: ACI DSIM AGC Module by Linedogs
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: ACI DSIM AGC Module Linedogs 1/24/2019 8:17:55 AM