Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Just making some mental notes

I really don’t think it matters if you ever climbed a stick or not. I believe most of us older ones here are from the Baby Boomer generation. Raised by parents who grew up during the Depression and WWII. I myself am an Army Brat. My dad was a 30-year man, WWII, Korea, Vietnam.

With all that being said I also believe we were raised with at least some of the following ideas/beliefs.

1.      When first starting out you start at the bottom and work your way up.

2.      Respect is earned not given and give respect to those who have earned it.

3.      Take pride in your work and always do it to the best of your ability.

4.      No one knows everything so pay attention to those trying to show you how to do something especially if they have knowledge you don’t have.

5.      No job is beneath you. If you see something needs done and you know how to do, do it.

6.      Your word is your bond. When you give it live up to it. People remember those who do and those who don’t.

7.      Be on time, better yet be 10 minutes early when you say you’re going to be somewhere.

I know I’ve missed a few and they are not in order of importance, but I see more and more young people that don’t know the first thing about being in the working world. Can’t tell you how many I’ve seen come in expecting to be king turd of shit mountain then get bent out of shape when they realized they were just a corn kernel. But we also seem to have more and more employers willing to put up with crybabies, and hacks. Don’t know if it’s the lawsuit happy society we have or that more and more the bosses are coming from the younger generation and don’t value the same things we were raised to value.

If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #378689. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKF3
Posted in reply to: Re: Just making some mental notes by EDSTONER
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Just making some mental notes EDSTONER 1/24/2019 4:28:44 PM
Re: Just making some mental notes EDSTONER 1/24/2019 3:28:52 PM
Re: Just making some mental notes skidmark167 1/23/2019 3:33:11 PM
Re: Just making some mental notes Lightmaster 1/23/2019 12:45:56 PM