Create your free account now! Sign up

Just making some mental notes

I have been off the "line" for quite awhile now having chose to work smarter than harder. paid my dues in spades over the last 38 years. I have noticed that no matter what region or project I go to these days, there are very very few REAL lineman. Lots of cocky, wanna be bucket babies who talk the talk until ya get to the jobsite, then they have more excuses than Carter has pills why they CANT DO this or that..LMAO.....When I was climbing etc, I would be embarrassed to even hesitate dong the toughest, nastiest gnarliest pole, job whatever. I also take notice as to the gear these so-called self proclaimed lineman wear, what a laugh......hiking boots and tennis shoes..WTF??? there is no intention of climbing a thing, except into the bucket of a new T-40,  but boy oh boy do the have tall tales of adventure to tell. We used to wrench our own heaps, most of us started using a flatbed with payoffs on the back. Another term I keep hearing is a "fiber lineman".....LMAO......I asked one of these creatures if he had a cape and special super powers be acheive such a level of expertise? Sons of bitches cant hang coax much less read a print with actual design on it. IDK, I guess I am from a lost trade when men took pride in meeting the challenge of jumping poles on their co-worker, showing up early everyday and saving the whining for someone that gives a shit. the worst thing in the world was to be called "part-time" because you couldn't handle your party life. "Times they are a changin" said a man once upon a time........Nuff said......stay safe brothers.......Skid
This is CABL.com posting #378634. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKFa
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: Just making some mental notes oldlinedawg 1/24/2019 3:17:31 PM
Re: Just making some mental notes johnmc3 1/22/2019 7:50:19 AM
Re: Just making some mental notes DudeMan 1/21/2019 2:40:34 PM
Re: Just making some mental notes Lightmaster 1/20/2019 5:41:15 PM
Re: Just making some mental notes danimal 1/18/2019 8:26:28 AM
Re: Just making some mental notes MASTERMAPPER 1/18/2019 8:19:55 AM