Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Electric hydraulic pump???

Mine used to that too when air filter was nasty, but sure you have changed that.

I had battery powered boom with extra batteries,    Don't think they will hold up if you splice 15-20 locations a day. Mine wouldn't anyway even with new battreries, isolator, and good alternator.  Fine for backup system, a inhouse tech or phone splicer, not a production coax splicer. Had to leave truck running alot.
Those 5 and 6 hp motors will run a 28 ft boom fine I have used a truck that had one and you can do it cheap.
I had a 16 hp vanguard briggs on one,  it worked great just more than you need. It had electric start and shutoff and it pulled gas from the trucks fuel tank. via electric fuel pump. When you started motor the pump would come on thru the 3 prong oil sending unit I put on the motor. It was a slick set up gave minimal trouble, in years of service.
 I had trucks with the pump on the motor as well. I never liked my truck in nuetral while I was in the air and the motor running.  Worked in the mountains for years, and I trust 1st gear more than a "scotch" (chock)  Gas truck motors don't take idling as well as diesels, far as that goes... no gas motor takes it as well as a diesel. and the small motors are more fuel efficient too.
Happy thanksgiving , be safe and take care.
This is CABL.com posting #378117. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKwP
Posted in reply to: Electric hydraulic pump??? by chicago splicing
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Electric hydraulic pump??? chicago splicing 11/23/2018 10:15:16 AM