Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Looking for new battery - EXTERNAL BATTERY

Thanks, great info.

The 1st thing I asked the guy is why can't he just use a different cell and make them fit the best he can, as long as you still have 7.2vdc??
He started rambling on about capacity & some other BS not knowing I'm a US Navy electronic technician.

I was going to build my own battery, but when I called to get the battery's, he said they have that meter listed and he would do it for $17.
For $17 it's not worth my time, I have a ton of things to do.
So I dropped them off and went and got some work done I had to have finished before I head south.

At this point I just need a meter that works. Still hoping to get in on the drop replacements. So I really don't want to redesign the wheel, just need to verify signal.
If I do well I will get a modern meter that allows me to pick up some splicing work.
If I'm not cutting it, my field enginering guy just called, they are going back to work next week. 

I also ordered a basic Sencore from ebay.
It's actually here in Chicago.
Don't know how it works, but he sent me a video of it powered up, while unplugged, which is more than mine does.

Thanks for the help Guys.
Hopefully I found a good one.

Next items on the list is to get 4-5 messenger caddy's & fix the cruise control on the bucket truck.
This is CABL.com posting #377824. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKr6
Posted in reply to: Re: Looking for new battery - EXTERNAL BATTERY by Buffalo Chips
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Looking for new battery - EXTERNAL BATTERY yankee1 10/20/2018 5:46:13 PM