Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Looking for new battery - EXTERNAL BATTERY

Chicago Splicing,

If you are having problems with the EXTERNAL battery, you have a few options as well.

If Batteries Plus can't or won't replace the internal N-Cad solder-in type cells, you can open and replace them yourself. You just have to be careful removing the plastic case that houses the cells...but it can be done! I found that Batteries Plus just want the $$$$$$$$ and will talk down to the standard Joe as they are arrogant (at least in my experiences).

The second option is if you have a spare bad battery case that can be scavanged you can be creative. Back before the days of the "extended life" battery on the SDA-5000, Stealth, I butchered and old battery, soldered on a clip/terminal and attached a positive and negative wire to an RCA female phono jack that I drilled a hole for at the bottom of the plastic case. I purchased a 12V Ni-Cad battery in Walmart for $20 in the Kiddie Kart area that has terminal strip connections. Next I made a long 2-conductor wire jumper that connected to the battery case. This allowed me to use it for about 5 days to a week without needing to recharge it.

Good luck!

This is CABL.com posting #377820. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKr2
Posted in reply to: Re: Looking for new battery for old wavetek??? by chicago splicing
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Looking for new battery - EXTERNAL BATTERY chicago splicing 10/20/2018 5:09:38 PM