Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What the hell has happened to our industry abs

Think Climbing the green ones was rough try drilling them with a brace and bit, that sucked. But you know no matter how bad any part of our job sucked it was all just a days work and though we might have bitched we still found a way to do it and do it right. There are so many excuses why they can't do the job today, it just gets undermy skin. I listen to "Linemen" 28 years old hitting 2-3 pole telling me they are getting to old for this work, I hear the ones in their 30s and 40s talking about their bad knees and how overweight they are. I just don'y know I'm 61  with bad knees, most or the feeling in my hands are gone, and I have Fibromyalgia and I'm fat but I still get up there and can do what needs to be done.I'm not very quick but I still give it hell, Yeah there are alot of people with legitamate reasons why they can't hook a pole anymore but you can tell the legitamate ones from the excuses. We are a dying breed and it saddens me to admit it because being a Lineman use to be a thing of pride and honor. Just an opinion from an old Hook. 
This is CABL.com posting #377180. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKhI
There are 2 replies to this message