Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What the hell has happened to our industry abs

One of the biggest reasons for bucket trucks use is the *&^%$^&%$@&%$ INSURANCE COMPANIES lack of understanding.  Years ago they canceled my insurance because we climbed poles.  I said "No S**t, thats what weve been doing for years.  Now what are we suppose to do"?  They said bucket trucks were ok to use but didnt want us to climb poles anymore.  In my 40 years in this business, I know 3 men who fell our of a bucket and are dead or walking like Jerrys Kids (not being mean, just discriptive) that fell head first out of a bucket.  Everyone I know that fell from a pole, fell feet first, went to the hospital and suffered minor injuries compared to the bucket injuries.  Most went back to work the same day.

I dont climb anymore, not because I am unwilling but its a young mans game.  Unfortunatly, I dont fall in that catagory anymore.  So when I do go up occasionally, I use a bucket and use my fall gear and other safety equipment.
This is CABL.com posting #377154. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKhi
Posted in reply to: What the hell has happened to our industry absence by bigduck1
There is 1 reply to this message