Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What the hell has happened to our industry abs

I was dong a upgrade in Nashville back around mid 90's, had a sub contractor doing interstate crossing, the poles on both sides set back off the road.  Both poles had expansion loops on them. They couldn't reach on pole it to get lasher over the loops with their T-40 so they "rented" a damn fire ladder truck.  The fire truck couldn't reach it either.  They called me about the problem, I went out...looked at the situation.  Hell the original cable/loops were put their by Real Pole Lineman.  I told their foreman I could get him a real lineman to Get R Done....so called my buddy from another contractor on site, he came over...said he'd do it for $100 bucks. He showed up, strapped on his hooks (all the bucket babies  looked on as if to say..what are those) He went up the pole, safety off on one d ring, pulled the lasher over..transfered it, came down held out his hand....the guy paid him $100 bucks for about 15 min of work....Now that's how a real lineman does it.
Keep Safe: MicroMan
This is CABL.com posting #377124. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKgO
Posted in reply to: Re: What the hell has happened to our industry abs by skidmark167
There are 0 replies to this message