Create your free account now! Sign up

Don't let Your Luck run out....safety first

This cable construction industry has been going on for some 70 yrs, I've was lucky enough to have served in it for 50 or those 70 years.  Back in my early days safety was not even discused, we just went out and got it done, always trying to out do the other crews in production.  No hard hats, no bucket trucks, no portable drills..no nothing except belt-hooks and pure manpower.  most of time we had no safety cones, maybe 2.   Then when I started my own construction company..safety was everything due to insurance.  It slowed down production from having to comform to all the safety requirements.  Had to re-train, days off for all  my older experience climbers to get them to wear hard hats.  In my 50 years of building cable/fiber in some 251 communities, I had the targic loss of one employee.  That may sound like a small % however..one was to much when your explaining the loss to his family.  What I'm saying here is:  don't let  your luck run out, there is never such a thing as being to safe.  Be alert..watch out for yourself and your fellow crew members. Never take a chance or think you can beat the odds....You Will Loose.  A life is precious and you only go around once, so forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow, concentrate on Today.  More important than how long you  been in this trade is how you made it through the day....safe !!
Safety has no quiting time...StayAlert MicroMan  Micro Network Service Group 
This is CABL.com posting #377033. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKfl
There is 1 reply to this message