Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Careful working for Tatecon LLC out of Texas

I understand your point of view and I get why a company or individual would pay you 1099.
but the fact is:We cannot be subcontractors because we are legally not. 
You can not choose how to pay your workers because one way is cheaper than the other. You must follow the law and pay them accordingly. Yes people keep on getting llcs and corporations to play with the big boys. Yes people keep paying workers 1099 and some never get caught for years. But tell me... if that worker is killed on the job or hurt doing work for you and or someone gets upset because you didn’t pay your subs in full and on time... are you prepared for the wrath of the government and the lawsuits??? I can’t sleep at night knowing that there is a small chance of getting audited. 
You guys can google this stuff on FSLA.GOV or DOL.GOV
your asses are not covered and are being left wide open in this industry. I dared to say 90% of these people here advertising jobs are not classifying their workers correctly and just lucky they haven’t been caught yet. And like I said earlier a piece of paper that they sign agreeing to be a contractor is not valid in the eyes of the law. It is your responsibility as an employer or wanna be company to hire an accountant and do things the right way.  If you can’t afford to do business because of employee overhead costs then stop bidding contracts so low and get out of this line of business 
This is CABL.com posting #376226. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbJ2k
Posted in reply to: Re: Careful working for Tatecon LLC out of Texas by digitaAgeComm
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Careful working for Tatecon LLC out of Texas cbleman1 4/17/2018 12:23:13 PM