Create your free account now! Sign up

Should i buy that old headend site with tower?

HELP? Found an acre site with a tower, block building, 3 very large dishes in a fenced in enclosure. Not sure on the tower height, looks maybe...80? feet.? Has 4 downguys on the lower section and 3 on the upper section. Locals say the catv company wrecked out the trunk and feeder about 20 years ago, and that they still have the property mowed. Just wanna have a real cheap place to park my RV there and dream of the good old days, laying on my back in a cement alley after i gaffed out, flying 12 feet in the air after mistakenly unhooking the newly full cable trailer from the hitch on my bucket, doing the pogo stick ride when a pole broke in half while i was climbing, having a step down transformer blow up and cover me in oil, crawling under a house full of black widows, etc.. Checked with FCC and FAA about tower requirements - seems like if i can get the tower under 50 feet  there's less regs. Would like to contact a Central Texas tower contractor for price on either removing it or shortening it. Any info appreciated!
This is CABL.com posting #376018. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbJYY
There are 3 replies to this message