Create your free account now! Sign up

You were there at the beginning Jim, kudos.

I had the fortune to meet Mr Hostetter in 1986 shortly after joining Continental. It was a brief meeting up at the Portsmouth NH Training Center. I had been recruited by Gordon Crowe {aka The Olde Crowe, who moved out to CA shortly after I got on board}

Over the course of the next decade I went from foreman of a crew of 2 to project manager overseeing the Rockland/Westchester rebuilds. I ran into "Bud" again in 1996 as he was making his "farewell" tour, altho none of us knew it at the time. I had changed quite a bit in that decade, going from a shaggy haired linedog with a ZZ Top beard to a smartly dressed manager. Bud looked me in the eye & asked if I still hooked any poles. Guy has an incredible memory.

I missed the "Ex-Con" reunion in May 2012 due to my lack of staying in touch, shame on me.

You don't always get what you expect, but you know what you got when you inspect. Happiness comes from within, some poor souls are just without.
This is CABL.com posting #375382. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbJOI
Posted in reply to: Re: Construction Manuals by Jim Doherty
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: You were there at the beginning Jim, kudos. Jim Doherty 1/20/2018 8:47:00 PM