Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Has anyone of the older experienced guys......

You are right about cleaning it up, but back in the late 70's when I started, things were VERY different. There was an unbreakable comradery that cannot be described. We were truly brothers, hanging on poles, watching each others backs. I know you say you started in the late 90's, but 20 years previous, well, it was a whole different ball game. I know we smoked a little weed, but crack? That wasnt even around as I know it. At least in my neck of the woods. Sorry my friend, but you truly don't understand the early days, and what it took to build systems, that we had no bucket trucks, everything was hooked, and lashers were swapped around a pole, throwing balls, layup sticks, and if you couldn't climb, you were a ground hand..... today evetybody has to have a bucket, or it's raining to hard, etc. We were out there, in cold, rain, heat traveling 1000's of miles, away from home, day in and day out, in seedy motels....I could go on, but I think the older guys know what I'm talking about. I'm glad you make 5k a week, we didn't, it was just being out there together.....
This is CABL.com posting #375214. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbJL0
Posted in reply to: Re: Has anyone of the older experienced guys...... by captain256
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Has anyone of the older experienced guys...... skidmark167 1/11/2018 11:31:32 AM