Create your free account now! Sign up

Following in my fathers footsteps

I graduated from college in 2015 with a degree in criminal justice and I’ve been working with a local sheriff’s office for a little over a year now. I can’t say I’m a fan of it whatsoever. I just want to get outside and work with my hands. 
My father worked in cable/telecom from years before I was born to about the time I graduated high school. Unfortunately due to a combo of injury and family matters, he had to leave the business after working for cablecom early in his career and eventually owning his own company for years. He seemed to do everything from construction to splicing.

With that being said, Ive decided I want to attend The communications lineman program at SLTC here in Georgia. My father has been supoortive of this and thinks it’s a great idea to get started. I’m hoping to attend in January of next year once I save up a little money. 

In short, I just wanted to see if anyone can offer up some advice to me as I seek out this career change. I definitely want to do some aerial work and I’m very interested in splicing. I know my dad said he could teach me just about anything I need to know when it comes to splicing (I’m assuming he means Coax).

any input is appreciated
This is CABL.com posting #374364. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbJyi
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Following in my fathers footsteps CABLEDUKE4 10/15/2017 10:10:51 PM
Re: Following in my fathers footsteps Mickthestick 10/12/2017 3:37:07 PM
Re: Following in my fathers footsteps 1FARMER 10/12/2017 11:59:46 AM
Re: Following in my fathers footsteps Lightmaster 10/12/2017 9:41:00 AM