Create your free account now! Sign up

Old Souvenirs......

Old souvenirs.

Years ago, I was working with a young helper that was always mentioning “I don’t remember where I left the soldering iron”. One day, we were call on the problem, where we had to open the housing containing the P.S. In those days, the P.S. were operating from the 30 VAC. Where the 110 VAC. was supplied by the power company. YES, in those days, all our CATV equipment’s worked off 110 VAC. Those of us that are old enough, remember that the only equipment used to measure the signal strength was a Jerrold 704, FSM, which also required 110 VAC. to operate. We needed the soldering iron to solder the pin on the R-11 brass connector used in those day to connects RG-11 cable on all the amplifiers, splitters, multitaps, etc. require to have the CATV system operate.  

Once we arrived on the P.S. location, I opened the power supply housing, and since we operated either from sadder or spikes in those days, I suddenly lost my balance and put my left hand inside the housing to get ma balance back, not only I got my balance back but at he same time I felt a nice burn on my fingers, YES, I had just found my helper soldering iron.

x

Joe 50
This is CABL.com posting #374115. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbJuh
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Old Souvenirs...... Tom122644 9/22/2017 6:09:15 PM