Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Competition Breeds Excellence

Great question Prometheus:  But I can not answer that, you would have to ask the engineering company (Marlarkey and Taylor) that the Customer (Telesis) had on site to activated the fiber. I built the OSP Aerial link between the cable office and warehouse located across town....Topeka,Ka 1977...Taylor was on site watching our crew place the fiber..asking lots of questions on how and why we used construction methods mostly regarding sagging of the fiber lashed, guying and grounding of the 1/4 strand utilized.  
However, when I was the supervisor for Jerrold back in 1969 and building the first (Dual Coax System) phase of the large Boston Mass Complex, there was a company out of England already building fiber links....I believe it was called DeFusion, a division of then Standard telephone-cable.
Also in 1977 GTE had fiber links with live telephone traffic, then 1980 we started builiding the long haul fiber project for Sprint/ATT/MCI.  We were getting $165 per fiber splice for the long haul single mode fiber.
All I know is what I've done in this industry regarding fiber opics, I'm not trying to make any kind of statement here.  If you find the answer to your question....let me know...Take Care: Keep Safe..MicroMan
This is CABL.com posting #372994. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbJcc
Posted in reply to: Re: Competition Breeds Excellence by 4Scoops
There are 0 replies to this message