Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Star Tek Workforce Solutions

I worked for them once, briefly. It was hands down the worst experience I've ever had in Cable TV. As a matter of fact, I've never done Cable TV since then, and I never will. I now work in a related industry where people are appreciated, payed much better, and treated like humans.

At the time I worked with them I had decades of experience doing cable TV installs, loads of troubleshooting and solving issues others couldn't, even years of management in cable.

I was hired to do service (repair) tickets on HSI customers, but Star Tek would never supply me any modems after the first day or two, claiming they were "out" of them. When I picked up a whole case of modems in their rental storage "warehouse", I was told by the project manager (I'll call him "George", wink, wink!) that I couldn't have them, they were for "another project". (Translation: Fuck you, you peon, I'm not going to let you have what you actually need to do this job).
     Talk about setting up someone to fail. About half of the trouble tickets are resolved by replacing a defective modem. I had to call the MSO (Charter) everytime I needed a modem, and they graciously would set up a meet with an inhouse tech so I could snag a modem, of course that would take time, as much as two hours. These were all jobs where you're gigged for missing a time frame. One of the days, every ticket I had was an AM time frame (work load for techs was controlled by Star Tek). I could say more, much more.

My final payment was maybe 25% of what I earned. Upfront the company seemed quite credible, friendly even. But my experience was horrendous! In all fairness, it likely depends on who is running the project you're on. Glad to say I've moved on, from my very brief time with Star Tek, and from Cable TV, many years ago.
This is CABL.com posting #372800. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbI84
Posted in reply to: Star Tek Workforce Solutions by circlex
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Star Tek Workforce Solutions persiding 4/18/2017 9:33:46 AM
t Re: Star Tek Workforce Solutions Bill Edwards 4/17/2017 9:40:06 AM