Create your free account now! Sign up

Help Wanted-Really

I've notice the classified section is growing...help wanted.   Listen up folks...all the experienced splicers/construction/tech craftsmen and women in both fiber and coax have gotten out of the business.  Those that have not are about to leave, this industry has gone from bad to worst in the way laborers are paid and treated.  Some day all these MSO's will wake up and require the prime contractor to have their own crews, pay hourly decent wages and offer benefits.  This is a tramp lineman/splicer type of industry, you roam around looking for the right jobs only to find out...there is no dam right paying jobs.  Now for me...I'm retire after 50 years as a prime, since 1965...there has been so many changes in our labor forces...today is the worst ever.   I have the upmost respect for those of you still out there trying to scratch a living for your families.   My sugguestion, get out and try to hire on with electrical companies as a lineman, they need lineman...not bucket babies.  Even working in house with some benefits.   Some future day this industry will have a major shake up and start acting and using real general contractors with real crews and equipment, as with a check book to insure the guys/gals are paid on time...every week.

Good Luck if your still out there hanging from a pole....just be safe and do good quality work.

MicroMan   DBA: Micro Network Service Group since 1965

This is CABL.com posting #371783. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbISF
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Help Wanted-Really 1FARMER 12/12/2016 11:38:27 AM
Re: Help Wanted-Really borethug 12/11/2016 10:32:09 PM