Create your free account now! Sign up

Is Hard Wired Cable Dead-where are we heading

I'm from the old days when cable was called Cable TV...going back to 1965 in this industry.  Now it's all Broadband and every year,  I see some new geek's gismo whiz toy that picks away at cable services provided over hard wire to the house.  Where is this industry heading...kindda looks like wireless is it....on the move, any time, any where.  Of course all this new technology will also carry a high price tag.   Will cable just end up being a pipeline into the community.  Most say it will all be Fiber....I don't think so....the lashing of cable (any type-coax/copper/fiber) days are soon to disappear.  We are about to be moving into the George Jetson era, you see it with driverless auto industry, soon it will be the Geek sitting in mom's basement that will take down the cable industry......build it and they will come days are gone.   Fiber to the home, curb, node will soon be old news..coax is already history and copper is still hanging on the poles because of depreciation value.

The future is here now....sorry to say I don't think I'll be part of it all.  Keep Safe in all you do...just do quality work the first time around...no one wins on going back into an area already signed off.

DBA: Micro Network Service Group   AKA: MicroMan

This is CABL.com posting #370993. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbIFV
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Is Hard Wired Cable Dead-where are we heading patriotspl 9/12/2016 4:45:24 PM