Create your free account now! Sign up

Jerry Wallace, Jimmy Griffin

We lost two lineman Brothers this week. Jerry Wallace passed away Monday the 18th from liver cancer, Jerry did have a drinking problem, but his vice was coffee, not alcohol.
 Jimmy passed away Thursday the 21st from colon cancer. I worked with both of these guys through the years and they were both, my friends. Jerry was old school and put up some of the prettiest cable out there, he was a hard worker and didn't much care if the running was roadside or easement, he wasn't afraid of doing the job at hand. I hadn't worked with Jerry in quite a few years, but I'm sure his work ethic never changed.
 I met Jimmy on the Ft. Walton Beach Job while working for CCI in the early 90's. Jimmy was a coax splicer, he too was a hard worker. Jimmy and I hit it off from the git-go and kept in touch, letting each other know where we were working until we landed on the same job again. Jimmy got out of the cable biz a few years ago and went back to school, he landed a job in his home town of Tallahassee, Fl. working as a physical therapist. I was proud for Jimmy, he seemed to be happy living at home (instead of motel rooms) and spending time with his family. Both of these guys were devoted family men and I feel for the families they left behind, please keep these family members in your prayers.
 I never knew Jerry was sick, I don't know if he neglected going to the Doctor when the symtoms first showed up (that is what happened to my Dad) or if he just didn't want to talk about it. He went into the hospital last weekend and actually died from a bloodclot in his liver. Jimmy fought his cancer for nearly two years, Jimmy had a colonoscopy done years ago and they found polyps that could become cancerous, he was then supposed to be checked every three years. Jim missed his three year check up and didn't go back to the doctor until he started having symtoms, by then it was too late. (listen up guys)
 I don't get on the bar too often and hate being the bearer of bad news, but I thought  some of you guys might know my Buddies. I am packing up and leaving home for a few weeks and my friends will defintely be on my mind as I travel.
 Stay safe out there Dawgs, Phil

This is CABL.com posting #370560. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbIyW
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Jerry Wallace, Jimmy Griffin LocoDawg 7/25/2016 5:18:18 PM
Re: Jerry Wallace, Jimmy Griffin JDylan 7/24/2016 7:48:30 PM