Create your free account now! Sign up

Excess 40 hrs pay-new rules NLRB $$

I'd guess you all heard that NLRB has come out with new rules for those who work excess of 40 hours in week.  It only applies to those who make less than $47, 750 a year..the old rule was $23,600.  You really have to play with the numbers if your on units and work excess of 40 hours and don't even make minimum wages.  What really needs done...all work done with hourly laborer's- get rid of the unit crap.  Go back to the Foreman-a lineman or two and the grunt days.  Sure some would take a cut in pay but alot of the guys would at least make a decent living for their family.  Offer a bonus for the crew if quality work is done in a safe manner.  This industry needs to start acting like professional's and get rid of all the prime to a sub who subs to a another sub, This kind of b/S goes on all the time, and I blame the system MSO for letting it happen.

Anyway check out the NLRB new overtime rules.  I'd guess your start seeing time clocks place in warehouse, new hires at lower wages, salary staff put on hours.

Just be carefull and know the rules...........GO Luck with it:    "MicroMan'
This is CABL.com posting #370013. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbIp7
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Excess 40 hrs pay-new rules NLRB $$ Killrus 5/23/2016 9:44:31 AM
Re: Excess 40 hrs pay-new rules NLRB $$ 1FARMER 5/20/2016 11:15:52 AM