Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable Linemen...get no respect

I agree with you but we brought it on ourselves. Back in the 70's we were considered "outlaws". Coming to work on Harleys,drugs and drinking where the norm, Landing in jail all the time, having the law come on the job site and take guys away wanted for outstanding warrants. Back in the 70's, out in Phoenix Az, 90% of the guys where from out of state and on the run from the law. we were a hard group of guys, Gypsys in general going from one town to another. Don't get me wrong we where hard working men and did outstanding work but are lifestyle wasn't the NORM for a utility lineman. Phone and Power lineman where respected. I don't know but the cable industry lineman has always been looked down upon and i think its because of the way the MSOs have treated them, like dirt.
       It gave me and my family a good life, I made millions in the business the 40 years i was in, but took me away from home to do it, but there is a bond in our industry that can never be duplicated
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.Thomas Jefferson
This is CABL.com posting #369061. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbIaL
Posted in reply to: Cable Linemen...get no respect by MicroMan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Cable Linemen...get no respect danimal 2/8/2016 11:30:18 AM