Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Man Who Rode the Thunder

With over 7000 hours logbook time in Single & Multi Engine Aircrafts in my 30 years of flying I could write a book, My Father was a Commercial Pilot flight instructor and a Certified FAA Ferry Pilot so some of the Aircrafts had some airframe damage and we would fly them to the FAA Repair stations, I started flying Float Planes at 14 years old and we would fly fisherman into Canada, I soloed in Gliders at 15, I soloed single engine at 16 got my Private Pilots License at 17 and my Multi Engine Rating at 18 years old, So I can vouch or the article of the Man that rode the Thunder.

It's a real creepy feeling getting hit by Lightning while flying, All the Circuit Breakers trip at once and the ozone smell in the cockpit and waiting for the burnt wiring smell after each circuit breaker reset, Push the beakers and watch the voltage guage until you have everything back on line then pucker up your ass until you are on the ground in 1 piece.  

I still have a 1979 Cessna 421D Turbo Pressurized 10 passenger aircraft that I got from my Fathers inheritance in 2010 I will take $725,000 for it, Book on it now is $925K Hanger kept, full avionics upgrade in 2005.

This is CABL.com posting #366335. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbHsN
Posted in reply to: Re: The Man Who Rode the Thunder by Lightmaster
There are 0 replies to this message