Create your free account now! Sign up

Old Dogs

I wonder is there any of the guys from American Spliceco still in this industry that havent retired or died . Its a biotch getting old , still hookin poles though . I hear all the time I don't look my age, most people guess my age to be the late 40's but Im actually 57. I attribute that to having worked hard and physical labor, it keeps the body in shape . Maybe its my love for the ocean where I try to live and work . You can visit me on facebook if you want to see what the old dog looks like now . I go there weekly . I don't live on a computer any more , darn things are to addictive for me . I like spending time on more constructive things now. The older I get the more I wonder what kind of legacy I will leave behind . I use to have a chip on my shoulder but it drywrotted and fell off .Just a nice guy now hoping to get along with people instead of trying to tell people my way or the highway . Is it Wisdom or Old Age ? I don't know , I just know I'm still the BigDuck just older and wiser. Seen them come and saw them leave , just know nothing is forever . Words of advice for the young gypse's of our industry . If you love your familys take them with you on the road or else maybe you will hear what I did. Well you have been gone most of our 21 years , don't you think someone gets lonely. I thought the plan was one child in college one out , thats why we had four, 4yrs apart . Thank God my marriage ended 9yrs ago and the hurt is past . Thank God also its been 4yrs ago my next ole lady died of cancer and that hurt is past . I've buried more friends than I have living . Whats it called life or the cable life . I sometimes wonder to myself is hell here on earth . If you read my long winded post thanks for your time and I hope something I wrote sparks a thought that causes you to smile . Till next time God Bless You all , BigDuck....."WHITFIELD"
Live Like Your Dieing , If You Can't Run with the BigDogs Stay on the Porch . Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do Today .Tomorrow May Never Come.Be Honest That Will Earn You Respect . You Get Paid to do It Once not Twice .
This is CABL.com posting #365310. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbHcg
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Old Dogs stevesexton 1/14/2015 8:34:32 AM
Re: Old Dogs cablbuck 1/13/2015 6:11:31 PM
Re: Old Dogs danimal 1/13/2015 11:21:09 AM