Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: subsite 752 display

As with most battery powered electronic display devices they have a regulating power supply built in, that outputs 5.6vdc, I have seen some of the rechargable batteries fresh off the charger put out 1.95vdc then you mutliply that by 6 that is 11.72vdc. I have a infared electrical leak detector that takes 6 aa batteries and an external power jack that has a rating of 12vdc ~ 48vdc with a Milliamp rating of 950ma, the devices are more effected by the Milliamp rating then the voltage, when the current (Milliamp) drops below a setpoint that is what triggers the low battery indicator, so I feel that it would not be an issue. if you were really that concerned I would go to Radio Shack and buy a 12vdc charging jack panel mount and and a 5 amp diode. cut the red positive wire that is attached to the + treminal in the battery compartment, place the solder in the diode to block the battery contact from the external source and solder the positive lead from the charging jack to after the diode then the black - from the charging jack to the negetive terminal in the battery compartment, that way you can still use it with batteries ot external power. That will be $250.00 for consultanting fees, I accept Visa, Master Card, American express, Patron, Lap Dances, one night stands in the form of payment.
This is CABL.com posting #364392. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGXs
Posted in reply to: Re: subsite 752 display by olyteddy
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: subsite 752 display 1FARMER 11/1/2014 11:45:37 AM