Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Added Channels In Fm Band

Do you have any local radio stations that use those frequencies?  Most areas do.  If yes, I can not stress how important that good splicing plays out.  Is this a drop system, HFC plant, or both where this is an issue?  What is the high/low channels?  What make/model of amp/s?  What channels are digital, first to last.  Do you balance to an analog or digital high carrier.  What is your diplex split (I'll assume 42 MHz)  What is the designed spacing of the plant?  FM ingress can be a pain to get under control at first.  It will show you issues that you might have once overlooked prior.  That 2db that you didn't worry about on channel 2 because your amp made output levels....best place to start.  If you use .412 to 1.125 hardline or any size in between....the loss is what it is.  Not "it's only off by 2 or 3db".  The manufacture stated a loss that will not stray far from that.  If you have 100' of RG6 and you loose more than 1.6db at channel 2, you have an issue.  Don't overlook stuff even as small as 2db unless you can account for it somewhere in the coax and passives.  I have worked in a system with channels 95-99 used for digital for over 10 years....works just fine all day.  I will say that in certain areas, opening an amp will let ingress into the system and I can see MER/BER issues in the FM band and around 750MHz from 4G.  What is the MER at the node of those channels?
This is CABL.com posting #363949. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGQj
Posted in reply to: Added Channels In Fm Band by ddickens
There are 0 replies to this message