Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Serious questions for Installers/Company Owner

I still dont believe in doing poles for free or wallfishes for free.  You have to have some standards or you get pushed over like the rest.  I know Dish requires you to do a pole and wall fishes for free.  I am sure directv went that way.  But again I don't do work for either one of those anymore.  The installs seem to be easier for them because of the joey system and whatever the directv one is now.

To me you either stick to what directv and dish or the cable companies have in stored for you... OR you find a nitch in the market that nobody is even looking or thinking of.

There are ALOT of people retiring and getting out of the field.  All someone has to do is get their certifications in the right spot and get to know the right people and you can still make money.

For me the dishes have gotten smaller and easier to align.  They also pay a little less, but takes less time to do the job.

To get ahead in this industry you have to constantly learn and step up your certs.  The guys that stayon with direct and dish and not expand their knowlege base will always have to work harder to make a buck.  Everyone wants TV service and so there is always a great demand for that.  They are always the first to get techs.  They need alot of techs as well.  So they can only get quantity over quality.  It is also the easiest to install.  To this day I could still get a directv dish perfectly aligned in about 1 minute.

This is CABL.com posting #363545. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGJN
Posted in reply to: Re: Serious questions for Installers/Company Owner by Jasonwhittaker
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Serious questions for Installers/Company Owner McknightCable 9/10/2014 8:16:36 AM