Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Quality Not Quantity !!

I was recently working for a very large dish network contractor on the north side of Atlanta and they fired me(yes I know you can't fire a sub). I had a hopper job and when I called the Cust the Cust told me that they wasn't ready for that their house was still under construction and it wouldn't be done for another week. We'll my regional operations manager for the company I was pulling work from told me that I had to go do the job anyways. He proceeded to tell me that I needed to go mount the dish and run the wires to the rooms and just activate the receivers and leave them in the boxes in the rooms they go since there wasn't any tv's or even any drywall in the rooms. We'll if you know anything about hoppers or dish receivers you know there is steps that need to be done when setting them up. Now I'm a subcontractor and my name is on this job and I refused to do it. I told him they wanted to reschedule next week when their house is done. I told him that I'm not gonna just do a job so they get a "completed check mark" in there box so dish would be happy. I'm pretty sure dish wouldn't allow a system to be put in like that anyways but this company didn't care. So to make a long story short, it comes down to the quality of work you want your techs to do and that company could careless.  I have a very good work Ethic and won't put a system in like that. So that company said that if I didn't do that job that I needed to turn in there equipment and that I wouldn't be working for them anymore. Funny thing is that they couldn't get anyone else to go do the job either but since it was technically my job they didn't do anything to the other techs that refused the job also. I gladly turned in there stuff and now work for a great company. Horible horible company. Only if dish knew what they was really doing.  
This is CABL.com posting #363387. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGHf
Posted in reply to: Re: Quality Not Quantity !! by patriotspl
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Quality Not Quantity !! brown 9/2/2014 9:51:16 AM