Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need help with random Motorla/Arris SG4000 iss

I will look at a few more things.  Great test to try out.  I didn't think laser issues because the noise floor drops to -30db or better and the US SNR reports as high as 38db to the CMTS.  It doesn't help that these nodes have no external TP and rarely have anything other than straight cable on the outputs.  These all have DFB's in them which we 0 all returns and adjust the receiver to see 34db by injecting 34dBmV @ 17.5MHz at the FWD TP.  Some nodes have 0 amps off the node so the balancing is not an issue.  The jumpers on all of these are bent a little but not beyond spec.  Some of our older receivers are GI and have a 3/6/off setting by holding the ALC/MGC mode button.  Will this do anything to pad light or is this the RF side?  What about pads in the TX?  It's tough to know what works when the problem is not there anymore.  BTW some of these nodes have less than 10 modems on them but combine with much larger nodes(150 modems or less usually).  I really appreciate all the ideas and will post what I find.
This is CABL.com posting #363197. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGEb
Posted in reply to: Re: Need help with random Motorla/Arris SG4000 iss by Buffalo Chips
There are 0 replies to this message