Create your free account now! Sign up

code red alert/ super emergency!!!!!!

This should be fun a thread.  And this in no way applies to me;)
But how come everything is a code red and super emergency and has to be done right now? For those of ya'll that have these alot of times these cost you more than you get out of the job with the stopping of work to put out these fires out.  And usually it was known about a long time before it was a code red,.
Once I got a request to get a 3-4 mile Ug coax splicing job to be done over the weekend.  Had to be done by monday and this was thursday evening.  So like a Dumb A-- I call a friend with out looking at job first. So friday I get all the parts ready and most built it was new splice and we can build our parts and make it go faster, right.  So surely if it had to be done by monday the construction was done right?? Wronggggggg!!!!!!. There wasn't 25-30% of the job in, and there wasn't  hardly any continuity, a piece here and there. So it was  TOTAL WASTE of time and resources.
Another good example was the "HOT SPOT".  I was called  a month after Katrina hit. My partner and I are trying to get a powersupply changed out so we can turn on a node.  Well I get a call. " We have a hot spot" I'm thinking NO SH_T. Yeah its a month after one of the worst hurricanes to hit the US. in the days of modern cable tv. Less than 27% of the plant is working. We are fixing to fire up a node, and you want me to stop what I am doing to go work  one street that is a "HOT SPOT". REALLY?!?!?!? DIDN"T make any sense to me. What they really meant was someone thought they were more important than everyone else and wanted their cable on now. DIDNT happen that day. HAHA
Does anyone think how these red alerts affect the people they involve, or are they just tripping on power soooooo much that they can't see it.   I'm just curious.
Sure am glad I don't have these , and that the people I work for don't waste my time and resources on these frivolous  power tripping obsessions. I also feel sorry for those of you that do;) If its any condolence I have heard it is this way in every industry though. I didn't take drama in school but I would hate to have to create drama just to justify my job.  Life is too easy without drama.  I like working with good people.  I like that we can appreciate what each other does, and we know that each is doing their part to achieve the same goal of a completed job. And that we don't have to create unrealistc goals, and that we don't have feel like we are always pushing someone or like wise being pushed, for things that really don't matter. I am lucky, hope you get it like that one day. 
Hope this gives some of the people that create the drama a new perspective on their actions. ANd I hope they will think before ordering a "CODE RED" as its probably not really a emergency
This is CABL.com posting #363191. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGD5
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: code red alert/ super emergency!!!!!! acke6113 8/28/2014 12:14:07 PM
Re: code red alert/ super emergency!!!!!! oldmanh 8/19/2014 8:21:14 PM
Re: code red alert/ super emergency!!!!!! rvmapper 8/15/2014 1:01:24 AM