Create your free account now! Sign up

Need help with random Motorla/Arris SG4000 issues

I am constantly going to this type of node when chasing upstream noise problems and after opening the lid it stops.  What can cause this?  We use also Motorola BTN-M and 2's without issue.  The segmenting and configuration does not seem to make any difference.  I have been to some fully loaded with 4 RF modules 4TX/4RX or 2 RF modules 1TX/1RX same difference.  If I look at the US with my DSAM it looks like a TDR shot with RF still on the cable and the noise floor is around -15db to as much as 0db maybe more.  If I look at it with the 8591 analyzer (which is much faster) the response looks like a whip.  I can go to the hub and pick receivers that have that response and go open the nodes and it will be gone.  This noise will not show on anything external.  I can only see this at the receiver in the HE/hub.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this.  We ground all legs at the first tap/active off of the node and every other.  These all seems to be UG plant only.
This is CABL.com posting #363179. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGDT
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Need help with random Motorla/Arris SG4000 iss cablecommando 8/14/2014 10:39:23 PM
Re: Need help with random Motorla/Arris SG4000 iss Buffalo Chips 8/14/2014 9:54:45 PM
Re: Need help with random Motorla/Arris SG4000 iss Buffalo Chips 8/14/2014 9:41:51 PM