Create your free account now! Sign up

Any Advice on Injecting Modulated Digital Channel

Hello, I am attempting to inject a modulated digital channel into an old C-COR headend with 7 taps at a school. I can easily achieve this in a Blounder Tounge System by adding a 2 way splitter backwards on the input side of the amp, one side being the cable feed, one side being my media player feed modulated to channel 117-1 allowing me to run a channel scan on the monitors which not only have the existing cable channels, but 117-1 as well (once and awhile I would have to use an attenuator to bring down the amplifier level of the modulator which is a ZeeVee to prevent distortion), however, after many attempts to do the same thing on a C-COR headend I were unsuccessful. I tried channels 117-1, 47-1, and 135-1 with no luck. The ZeeVee outpit is also adjustable from 25 to 45db, no luck even @ 45db. Unfortunately, I donot have the luxury of a meter, and I need to achieve this configuration by Monday. Pics below, you can see in the 1st where I added a splitter (with the plenum cable), obviously I'm illiterate in this venture but thats what I'm here for! Can you help? Thanks!  photo IMG_20140808_160012_zpsda64eb4e.jpg photo IMG_20140808_160019_zps8b90a71a.jpg
This is CABL.com posting #363067. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGB5
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Any Advice on Injecting Modulated Digital Chan markymarc 8/10/2014 12:56:24 PM