Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bucket Truck Chassis Ford vs Dodge

Well the power cos in SC are buying dodges or GM's.  Most havent got over the sour taste given to them by the 6.0.  Two ford dealerships had mechanics that told me don't buy anything ford diesel after the last 7.3s were made.  That was around two years ago when the 6.4s and 6.7s or what ever the newest diesel has.  I think they all have had some problems though. No doubt the cummins powerplant is and will be always hard to beat.  The transmissions both have are known to less duarable transmissions than the duramax/allison combo.  But Ive heard of people having injector issues out of the duramax work trucks.  The Dodges are known as having lots of small problems,  like door handles falling off, radio quitting lots of small stupid stuff. And I do not or havent ever owned a cummins, but if I bought one I would look at the GM first then a dodge second.   Ask some of the power cos and their contractors for their opinions. Great place to check. Me personally I wouldn't hardly ever buy a truck without 4wd with a locking rear differential especially if buying new. And you have to pay more for it only a few hundred dollars usually.  But you can also request it on 2wds also Good luck
This is CABL.com posting #362678. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGvO
Posted in reply to: Re: Bucket Truck Chassis Ford vs Dodge by zaun
There are 0 replies to this message