Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Quality Not Quantity !!

Yeah thats why I will not do certain types of work.  I have a standard that I will live up too, and If I cant make money doing it right I WILL NOT DO IT. But as said earlier post the alot of the prices and the way jobs are managed(or not managed) makes it hard to make a profit.
 But all the add ons etc added over all the years is a joke too.  Most of these were added to our jobs by people who used to be like us contractors.  They expect more than they ever gave when they were on our side.
 But my choice do it right or don't do it.  And that is as a contractor and not a lazy a-- paper pusher, that is telling the guys that really work hard "Its the good with the bad". You all know the type.  The ones that  did a straight  pole transfer with one  .412  and/ or maybe a trunk cable twenty years ago, and compare it to the pole transfers we havetoday with these  large packages with 4-6 maybe eight cables  and  two or three anchors that is eight feet out of line.  that is all inclusive with the resags, anchors, vgrs etc. And they tell you how good all is.
 If you work for good people that appreciate what you do, they should want you to make a profit and still be able to provide quality work.  If they don't leave  
Glad I do for now, and good luck to ya'll.
This is CABL.com posting #362594. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGus
Posted in reply to: Re: Quality Not Quantity !! by brown
There are 0 replies to this message