Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Burning a Pole/Stick

Burned a new green pole in Atlanta back in '97. It was the last pole of the day and all that needed to be done was to tie off the wire and drop the lasher. I had four lineman at the bottom of the pole just 'grab-assing' when i came around the corner. They were local and were not in a hurry while I was ready to get back home to Carolina. I got pissed and strapped up and was just about to the strand when I suddenly found myself standing straight up and down still holding the pole but with my feet on the ground. I had hit a soft spot in the pole and it would not hold my 285lb frame. I blew out the MCL in my right knww and ruptured a disc in my lower back. Both of which still haunt me today. the worst part was the bolt from a pole mounted power supply that I caught in the chest on the way down. That HURT!! I gathered balls and went back up the pole and dropped the lasher. I climbed everything for the next two weeks (bucket accessible or not) just to get over the fall. Knee braces and painkillers kept me in the game.
This is CABL.com posting #362410. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGru
Posted in reply to: Re: Burning a Pole/Stick by bigduck1
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Burning a Pole/Stick bigduck1 6/25/2014 9:44:31 AM